Meeting Your Challenges
Cognosante helps meet your HIE challenges cost effectively and optimize your business processes for all health information sharing needs. We combine a broad national perspective with industry-leading business process, technical, and systems design expertise to plan, implement, and support your unique HIE vision. We support all types of healthcare interoperability needs, including disease prevention initiatives, compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), , as well as provider incentive payment programs specified in the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
Our approach to HIE is to focus on the full lifecycle management of the patient. We help health organizations and providers access the data they need, when they need it, to provide patient care and management.
Our Solutions and Services
We provide services via SmartStream, our Software-as-a-Service offering for intelligent health information sharing. Click here to learn more about SmartStream.
- Assessment and Planning
- Functional Architecture/Technical Architecture and Design
- Systems Integration
- System Interface Development and Interoperability
The Cognosante Difference
- A Broad National Perspective: With experience at all levels of government, we provide a holistic perspective that helps HIE stakeholders connect the dots as part of the transformation towards value-based payment systems.
- A Proven Track Record: Cognosante has played a key role at the federal and state level in shaping the future of health information sharing in the U.S. We have direct experience with the exchange of health information for the purposes of clinical care coordination, population health monitoring, disease management, and health plan efficiencies since before the inception of the NHIN and statewide exchange activities.
- Holistic Patient Care View: We understand the need for robust information sharing to be focused on the patient throughout his entire continuum of care.
- Data Standards for Interoperability: Our understanding of the data being exchanged allows us to architect and deliver HIE solutions that are built to standards and offer maximum efficacy, security, and extensibility.